Friday, April 11, 2008

Jerry Lewis is the Man



Some of you may remember that I recently made a post about autograph collecting, and I expressed my intention to write a fan letter to Jerry Lewis (which I did). What's truly amazing is that I posted that entry on March 22nd, and mailed the letter about three days later. Now I've received a response and it hasn't even been three weeks. That must be a new record.

But seriously I don't want to cheapen it by implying that this was merely part of some autograph-collecting crusade. As I've expressed before, Jerry's work has had a profound impact on me, and having a personalized, autographed photo from the man himself is an intensely beautiful thing for me. I once even wrote a song inspired by his memoir, Dean and Me, which has been recorded four times and has gone on to become one of the most popular Embers of Avalon songs. Needless to say, today is a good day.